Mirtazapine review - 2 years on

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.

I have been talking Mirtazapine for just over 2 years now .I started at 15mg and progressed up to 45mg, and have just started the 45mg.

I have found it a wonderful drug for my depression, and started taking it after a miserable experience with fluoxetine, fluvoxamine and Dosulepin over many months. It has kept me stable, reasonably calm and positive for some 2 years now.

The weight gain was non-existent -until I passed the 2 year mark!Suddenly it seems to be happening, as I am not eating any more than when I started.Oh well.

Also, the drug seemed to lose potency recently and that is why I have upped to 45mg.Only now do I feel the detachment and muzzy thinking I have read on so many other experiences.I hope it passes.

Overall, the drug has been the best AD for me and has,I think, contributed to a period of stability.I hope it can help others too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am on the 15mg and sertraline , which I have just changed to.

Martazipine really makes me feel dozey which is Ideal when you go to bed and does make you feel a bit cloudy in the morning so I would expect the symptoms to subside as your body adjusts.

Glad its working well for you.

• Posted

Hi thanks for this thread. It's nice to know about other people experiences with certain drugs.

i've been prescribed this drug earlier this year but I've been reluctant to take it. My problem is more anxiety than depression at the moemnt, i feel, although my Gp says I've probably got moderate depression.

This will be my 5th anti-depressant in 15years. I was previously on 100mg of sertraline & hated feeling like a Zombie. I've witnessed other people on that too & can tell they're on it by the way they act.  i feel like I can function better without meds but my anxiety problems are getting bad again. 

So this is a SNRI? As far as i'm aware I've been on SSRI only before. I find it all a bit confusing & hit & miss...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.