Mirtazapine side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently I started Mirtazapine 15mg, I was feeling pretty normal on them and better than the previous antidepressants I was on. But last week my depression and anxiety got worse, I started to feel incredibly depressed and emotional. I visited my GP and they upped my dosage to 30mg. I started to feel better, but then I started to feel depressed and anxious, my appetite seems to have decreased slightly today as well. Along with some moments of nausea. I'm concerned now as I'm having moments of constant overthinking and a fast pulse.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced similar effects while on Mirtazapine, or when their dosage was increased? Are these likely to be side effects? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine don't suit everyone I wouldn't go any higher if I was you .how did you feel before any antidepressants.

• Posted

Hi Carol,

Before antidepressants I was a nervous, underweight wreck. That was five years ago. So far two antidepressants have only ever worked for me: fluoxetine and mirtazapine. I was on fluoxetine for three years and mirtazapine for two. The mirtazapine started failing over three months ago due to an anxiety relapse and I tried trial and error with three other antidepressants. I was put back onto mirtazapine and it started working, but last week I felt very depressed, so my doctor upped the dosage from 15mg to 30mg.

• Posted

Hi I'm so sorry but I'd try not to go higher than 30mg on.mirtazapine .

• Posted

Hòw is your environment it plays a big part in how we feel and a loving family is so important. I hate mine and no family to speak off I feel terrible most of the time .

• Posted

My family are somewhat distant. My mother is very supportive, sometimes blunt though.

Work is somewhat stressful, my relapse happened due to an incident at work. But i'm trying to get through it, I plan to visit my gp tomorrow and see what they would reccommend.

• Posted

I know it must be very hard I'm supposed to take mirtazapine too but stopped them now I only went back on them again through pressure but I'd lost so much weight I decided to take them again but I think a lot of antidepressants can sometimes do more harm than good. I know at times there good.but if your stressed at work and not happy you won't feel happy it's a vicious circle antidepressants like mirtazapine can cause more problems and addictive see what your GP says xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.