Mirtazapine side effects, especially sweating

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was prescribed Mirtazapine by my GP. It as helped my ability to get to sleep and stay asleep enormously. I take 30 mg at night. However, I wake up and realise I have been sweating profusely to the extent that my night attire and sheets are damp. Does anyone else experience this problem? I should say I am 68 years old and well past menopause. I have been on the medication for about 10 days.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hello and welcome, I am also 68 and been on mirtazapine 15mg almost 3 weeks now. I also had sweats in the first week, but stopped now. I am a lot better than I was but Dr. encouraged me to stay on them for 4 weeks. so 13 days to go. I sleep a lot better, dreams are vivid but not scary, my stomach seems to want more food all the time, but my anxiety made me a bit off my food so it is a bit annoying that the meds want me to eat more but I dont fancy eating. I always think I will be sick if I eat but I have never been sick so make myself eat something three times a day. Mornings I was really physically tired and dizzy till about 12.00, fell a few times with the dizziness, still a bit dizzy but so much better. I get a irritated with my partner more too, but I think that is the lockdown and he isnt the tidiest of people. Around 4.00 I can feel quite normal and manage to eat better. Will post again after next week to compare notes maybe? When my anxiety started I was a complete mess and even tiny things made me anxious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.