Mirtazapine stopped working. How to fix?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been taking mirtazapine 3.5mg (NOXIBEL )for three years, it made me sleep great and wake up feeling rested and joyful. 3 weeks ago it stopped working, I'm barely sleeping, feeling anxious, sad and in a bad mood.

My doctor told me to go up to 7,5mg then 15mg and still not getting the effect. I don't want to increase it more since in high doses it does not work for insomnia.

Will it ever start working again? What should i do? Is there any chance this could be fix by changing the brand i usually buy? If I let my body rest for a few weeks will it start working again? Which meds are a good replacement for mirt? Please help!!

Thanks for your time 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i just started 15mgs of mirtazapine, 2 days ago. I AM taking it for anxiety, i have stomach aches at times and tired during the day. the 15 lets me sleep from 11 to 7 without any problems but its only been 2 days

• Posted

hi, a antihistamines are good as mirtrazapine has antihistamines in it. 15 mg and 7.5 mg will make u sleep.I've been on both doses and they both work. melatonin is also good for sleep and magnesium citrate a hour before next. at the moment I'm taking valaren root which is herbal and tgatcalso helps. hope this helps.

• Posted

I stopped taking mirt for three days, now started again at 15mg. I'm not sure if its working since it takes me 2 or 3 hours to fall asleep. I'll keep posting my report since i didnt find any.

If someone's going through the same you should talk to your doctor about tachyphylaxis, some of them have no idea this actually happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.