Mirtazapine success stories

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there. Has anybody had good success with Mirtazapine ? Any help appreciated. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i have been on mirt for three weeks I started on 7.5mgs for a week now on 15mgs and seems tobe helping me. Initially I was very tired but it's worn off a bit now. It's worth reading through some of the other threads as there is mixed feelings about it. What you have to remember is that a lot of people have recovered on it 
    • Posted

I have heard they are really good for some people. I'm currently on Citalopram but they don't seem to be helping so next step is the mirtazapine. Fingers crossed they will help. Thanks for your comment. 😀
    • Posted

It also helps with sleep and I am now sleeping well and I think that helps with coping with depression it's a different anti depressant to the ssri group which citalaprim belongs to. 
  • Posted

hiya jimmy i was on mirtazapine 30mg for 2 years and then 45mg for a year they are really good antidepressants because they help you sleep ... but they made me put a lot of weight on ...but its different for men and women and people in genral ...iv been on prozac fluxetine for 3 months now and iv lost all that weight and they are really helping me ...as i was always tired on mirtazapine ....but you should give them a go as every person is different ,,,speak soon x
    • Posted

Hiya Steph. Thanks for your advice. I think I'll be starting the Mirtazapine next week so hope it will help me a bit better. If it also helps with sleep then that will be an added bonus too. 😀
  • Posted

Mirtazepine worked for me. Able to sleep and helped with anxiety. Downside coming off , I now suffer with insomnia. Everyone is different though.
  • Posted

Been on Mirtazapine 15mg for 12 months exaxtly tomorrow. I was signed off of work in Oct 2013 with reactive depression and initially put on Citalopram. After the initial 2 week dip I did feel better, although being removed from the horrendous work environment probably helped the most.

My wife says she didn't notice that much of a change in me and dragged me back to my GP who changed me from Citalopram to Mirtazipine 15mg. The difference was noticeable. I've been sleeping for 7-8 hours a night straight through, something I hadn't been doing in years. The depression has eased quite a bit, despite being made redundanty in Jan 2014 (so glad to get out of that place, it was killing me) - not gone entirely and some days are worse than others. I have mentally pictured the Mirtazapine as a dam; it holds so much of the water back and the bit that still spills over the top I'm able to deal with. The talking therapy/CBT I received from the local health authority also helped a great deal. I'm aware that I'm one of the lucky ones in having both an understanding GP and timely access to mental health services and therapies.

I've had the weight gain (42yo male here) and going to the gym has only helped so much on that front. Still, compared to the pre-Christmas 2013 period of being practically suicidal I've nothing but praise for both Mirtazapine. The weight gain has been the only real side effect I've had and the rest in managing sleep and my depression has been great. I've progressed to the point of applying for jobs again, having recently been offered a choice of 2 jobs and look to be back working again in early January.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.