Mirtazapine Successful Withdrawal Stories

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi folks I'm new here but have been lurking for a while. I have been reading the Mirtazapine withdrawal threads. I am taking Mirt 7.5 mg and want to taper. Has anyone here tapered successfully and now fine without W/D symptoms? What was your tapering like and how difficult was it?

I tapered Ambien and trazadone previously and want to taper Mirt and be drug free.

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well it's been a while since I've posted. The so-called "norovirus" the doctor d/x'd me with was in fact trazodone withdrawal. After I didn't get better doc gave me a couple antibiotics and I still did not get better. I finally figured it out. I got hit with the withdrawal 6 weeks after stopping Traz. I reinstated a low dose of 1 mg. and was feeling a lot better in a few days. This was after being off Trazodone completely for 3 months. I will have to taper off the small dose slowly after a couple of months. I was all ready to taper Mirt and had all my supplies ready. Oh well, so it goes.

Good healing to all.  annie.

• Posted

Thats too bad Annie, protracted withdrawal is a tough one.  So you reinstated 1mg Traz with a view that once off you can taper the Mirt?  That's a set back, sorry to hear that for you, but at least its only 1mg, so not too much of a reinstatement ... I hope you manage ok, you miught need to go 0.9, 0.8, 0.7, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1 ?  Crazy but I read of quite a few doing this now.

Wishing you well Annie 

• Posted

Great job figuring out what was really going on!  It's amazing how just a smidge of that drug makes you feel better, like a junkie getting a hit - and it is an addiction of sorts, without the cravings.  Wise to slowly taper off after stabilizing a good while.  You've learned a lot!  You'll get there with the Mirt, and will have this experience to help you taper smart :-)
  • Posted

Hello Annie, just wondering how long you were on trazodone and what dosage. Looking to taper in 2017. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.