Mirtazapine Tapering Up

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys. I've been on mirtazipine for 4 years now and have come down from 45 to 7.5 but have had a really bad time. I decided to go beak up at first to 15 and now I'm on 30. but I still am experiencing brain zaps, hypnic jerks, anxiety, odd vision. i don't know what to do whether to go up to 45, go down to 15. this has been happening for 5 weeks. i have slept very little, 1-2 hour blocks. I have the worst doctor and just don't know what to do. I feel like death. haaaaalllp

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hey andy, you need to stick to a dose until you get stable, you had withdrawal and now you have symptoms from increasing, try your hardest to ride it out x

• Posted

Hi Toria, would you recommend staying on 30mg? I was so proud to be low but now I feel I can't go lower. ive been on 30mg for a week now. ive seen other posts and have got some sleeping tablets. will hopefully get some rest tonight

• Posted

hey andy, yes at least until your body catches up, also any dose higher than 15mg doesnt help sleep, lower doses are more sedative, fingers crossed you sleep as i know how tough insomnia is bless you, it is possible to get off as ive done it 3 times (long story) it just takes time x

• Posted

andy.

You are experiencing "rebound ". The brain is trying to reach homeostasis. After

taking Remeron that makes you sleepy, the brain reacts to compensate and insomnia

is the result. All sleep medicines do this. All. Doctors do not tell us that.

I have been suffering insomnia for 25 years, after physical addiction to Xanax.

Do not panic. I have been weening off of Klonopin for over a year ! ! and getting

only about 2-3 hours a sleep a night for over a year ! ..

Do not give up hope. With enough people willing to tell the truth, maybe

someday, the medical experts will not blame us. They will look in the mirror.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.