Mirtazapine - this was misguided

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking mirt for about 20 years. I've tried to stop a few times. I was on 45mg then 30, then 15. I've recently decreased to 7.5mg for a few weeks and have now stopped completely. My sex drive has been non existent for longer than I can remember, same with tinnitus , stomach problems, sleep and zero motivation.

since stopping I have bowel movements maybe once a week, I'm bloated, hardly sleep at all and sex is just something I used to do a long time ago

I feel pretty stupid that I did this to my 19 year old self all those years ago. Now I'm 40 and its taken me this long to realise the damage I've done to my body is irreparable.

I've read a lot of comments on here but i guess I'm looking for some personalised pearls of wisdom that might be able to help me.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations for getting off the Mirt! Thats a big achievement and you should be very proud of yourself.

20 years is a long time to be on it but i wouldn't be so sure your body is irreparable. It might just take a bit of time though.

• Posted

thanks, I'm not sure if I have much to be proud of though. its only been a couple of weeks. I'm anticipating it'll get a lot worse. I hope you're right about it being repairable. that's my pessimism talking and that's what got me here in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.