Mirtazapine to sert

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

My doctor has decided that I stop taking mertazapine and put me on sersertraline with no break is this something anyobe has done and what were the sode effects

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How long were you on Mirt and what dose?

• Posted

Hi

i have been on it for 7 months 15mg now they want me to stop tonight and go to 50mg of sertraline im so worried about doing this ive taken nothing yet

• Posted

If you ate doing a quick swap with meds you may experience Mirt withdrawals and side effects of SERT. You may have increased anxiety, nausea but also insomnia... Mirtazepine contains very strong antihistamine so very often when you come off it quickly you may have trouble sleeping. I used to use not as strong antihistamine for a few weeks when my sleep returned. Once withdrawals and side effects pass you should feel the benefits of SERT. However it may take a few weeks. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi sarahlou how comes coming of mirtazpine I'm on 30mg which take at night to help me sleep and anxiety I was on sertraline before mirtazpine

• Posted

my nerologist advised mirtazapine was not really for nerve complaints so the doctor has said sertraline is better i am confused with it all and frightened about going from 1 to another i have also put on 2 stone with mertazapine personally I would prefer to be on nothing

• Posted

You on meds for depression or anxiety yes I've put on alot of weight since been on tablets sertraline just didn't help me at all but everyone is diffrent with medication how long was you on mirtazpine for

• Posted

Due to a condition with my trigeminal nerve which is the issue it has caused me to have depression and anxiety, the nerve issue causes no feeling on my left hand side of my face I am also peri menopausal as well so not having a good time, wish I could be the active happy person I was before all this, I am also a shift worker ive been on it for 7 months

• Posted

Oh you poor thing feel for you well I hope sertraline helps you didn't for me but hopefully will for you did you take your first tablet last night ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.