Mirtazapine to trazodone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on mirtazapine for 10 months and my psychiatrist switched me to trazadone. Anyone else just switched ads like that? I'm worried about withdrawals and want reassurance. Also yrazodone doesn't help me sleep at all, been on it 3 nights at 50mg. Also how long can you spend on this drug without having to taper off it. I don't want to wait months hoping it will help with my amxiety and get no results and then have to taper

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was put on trazadone 15th as well as sertraline I managed(although not advised)to come off it weaning myself after an overdose. It helped me sleep for the first month then it didn't work I'm still on sertraline and hoping sleep will naturally resume. Hang on in there it may work for you. .....hope so .good luck.

• Posted

Hi I've switched anti depressants a few times with no adverse affects. 50mg is only a baby dose. Your doctor will probably increase at your next visit. As with all anti depressants you need to give it time to get in your system properly.

• Posted

Hi,

I was alos on Mirt 10  months and Docor has given me some Trazodone for Insomnia but am scared to take it as getting of the MIRT was hell for me, please let me know how you are doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.