mirtazapine/warfarin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi anyone taking Mirtazapine and on warfarin just wanted to know if you get interactive.has I'm on warfarin and just starting Mirtazapine 15mg

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Drugs.com has interaction checker. You put in the medications and it will tell you if there are interactions taking both.

• Posted

I was ( still am ) on 45mg of Mirtazapine for a few years , back in Summer 2015 i was diagnosed with blood clots on the lungs ( being a non smoker they never found out where they originated from ) an was put on to Warfarin , earlier last year my INR readings were still not at the average level that they should had been for me , it would often get me down but i had no problem mixing the Mirtazapine an Warfarin together an all the other prescribed tablets i take ( approx 9 a day plus prescribed pain killers ) , late Spring / early Summer i was put on to another blood thinner but that had side effects of making me sweat even when it wasn't hot weather an my GP was worried about me being all clammy so much so he took me off that one an now i am on Apixaban - 2 x 5mg . I had no problem like i said mixing the 2 but my readings were all over the place because i was under a lot of distress because of my mental health an that makes a difference to your readings , so with the next 2 blood thinners i do not have to go for INR readings anymore which lessened my stress an i certainly don't miss going for the readings . Just keep an eye on how you are each day , your body will soon tell you if it is happy with the combination or not , like all medication you get side effects but some lesser then others . Take care x

• Posted

Thankyou Maria1963 

I'm always worried about taking other tablets with warfarin the doctor knows i rather leave other tablets out.i was told from my doctor and pharmacy not to read leaflets and stop Google but did read side effects one said can cause bleeding with warfarin and Mirtazapine.

• Posted

That is okay , it is always a worry mixing medication as some combinations do not mix well , i always say that our bodies will tell us if we are cannot cope with the mix , when i first had the blood clots diagnosis i was warned that they can put me on Warfarin an that i will be at risk from internal bleeding , external bleeding an mini strokes - that worried me more then the blood clots , but so far all is well , i wear a medical wrist band that has on it that i am on warfarin / medical risk so even though i am no longer taking Warfarin but Apixaban twice a day it tells people if i did have a accident while out that i am on a blood thinner so needs to be careful , I don't google medication very often though i did recently because i was put on iron tablets an i wanted to know why i would be put on them besides lacking it in my diet ( my appetite is poor so probably lacking alot of what is needed to keep healthy ) an i found out just what part iron plays for ones body an it explained in a way why my breathing was unsettled - was struggling to breath sometimes .I trust my GP to make sure he gives a combination that works , we know our body so we can tell if something is not right , like i said keep an eye on how things go , if there is anything you are unsure about then go to see your doctor or ask to speak to the pharmacist that is what they are there for an rather you spoke to them then suffer any side effects , take care x

• Posted

Hi Raymond

I'm on the blood thinners apixban, and I agree with Connie about these tablets, I to had blood clots on my lungs, and they not sure how I got them, iv been on blood thinners now for 18mths, and was put on mirtazapine last October time, I take 15mg which helps with my sleep, my doc wanted me to co up to 30mg for my depression, which I did try but I became very restless at nite again, and unable to sleep, so I dropped back down to 15mg and sleep is once good again, but still have low moods so bk to docs again, but iv had no problem with mirt and my blood thinners all seems fine, with all my meds I take each day, I'm sure your doc would not let u take mirt if for one moment they thought u would have a prob with your blood thinners, if you are still worried have a word with your doc and I'm sure he will put your mind at ease, but for me every thing is fine, hope all goes well for you, take care 😁

• Posted

Thankyou dawn 70425

I never started Mirtazapine last night has arranged by doctor.  It's just because I Google side effects and it stated Mirtazapine and warfarin could cause a bleed that what put me off.

• Posted

Hi, just saw your posting. I too am on warfarin but i have had bad depression since p.e s.  I am on mirtazapine but cant tolerate more than 7.5mg, not really helping the anxiety and depression. Have been offered apixaban but not sure whether to,change over. Sleeping with mirtaz but will apixaban make me feel,any better getting warfarin out of system. Your help would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.