mirtazapine withdrawal.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ve been on this about 7 weeks. It hasnt done anything for me. I was on 15 mg for 3 weeks 30 mg for another 3 weeks and then lowered it to 15 mg for the last week. I need to come off this stuff I hate it. I just need some reassurance that its not going to get any worse than it already is............. Im already a nervous wreck

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison. I have been on for about 10 months and had to taper down. Been off for two weeks and insomnia awful. I also wanted some reassurance that my sleep would return. It's an awful drug to get off. Regards Susan.

• Posted

I have olanzapine which helps me to sleep. Since lowering it to 15 mg I cant say that I have noticed alot of difference. I feel bad with my anxiety anyway and this med has made my depression worse to. Susan how long did you taper and by how much?

Alison

• Posted

Hi Alison. I was on 30 from July to December last year. I then was on 15 for a month, I then broke tablet in half so was on 7.5 for around a month then I had to buy some scales which measure mg as u can't get any lower on prescription. I then tapered half a gram every week. I did have some sleepless nights when tapering. Maybe I tapered too quick but wanted off them.
    • Posted

Wow thats fairly slow. I will be doing it much quicker. Howeer ive only been on them 7 weeks before decided to taper. So I will go down to 7.5 mg for a week then a quarter for a week before I stop. The psychiatrist saying that is a slow withdrawal for not being on it long x
  • Posted

Dont be! I took Mirt for 4-6 weeks and came off it without any issues. I halved my tab and then just stopped. 

At the same time though I switched to a different Antidepressant (Vortioxetine) which has a similar chemical structure and that MAY have had a positive impact. 

But in general - if you havent taken the stuff too long, you shouldnt have too bad of a withdrawal! 

And remember - you can always go back to taking 7.5 mg or even half of that to ease your body off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.