Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi i have been on mirtazapine 15mg for about year and half and havent felt it has helped much to be honest, helps me sleep but still feel awful in morning so Doctor suggested going on to 7.5 then come off it, can i ask would it be worth trying something else or go medication free??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've been on it four weeks and have to say I've been up and down like a yoyo. I've not had a good day yet. In fact my head either feels totally wired or totally depressed. It has lessened my anxiety and helps me sleep but no sign of the munchies yet.

My life has become a blur xxx

• Posted

Hi Gillian i totally understand that type of feeling i still be very much up and down xxx
  • Posted

Hey colleen I have been on Mirt 30 for ten months now and I have to say at first it was a nitemare but I feel back to my old self again enjoying life and back to work. I sleep very well now no more anxiety and eating (well May be a bit much). If I'm honest I had horrendous side effects but stuck with it and started to feel better and clearer after 3 months. This drug has been a god send for me and I think it's like all meds we need to give them time to work.
    • Posted

Hi Jacqueline i am glad it works well for you, i feel i am on it too long with no real avail to be honest, and doesnt help me with anxiety at all xx
  • Posted

Would I was on for 6yrs just helped me sleep didnt improve depression 1 bit just put 7 stone on iwas on 30 I cut myself to 15 then 1 wen needed still bit depressed but much better im seein doc thurs to see about trying others good luck ps dont dtop suddenly x
  • Posted

Can someone explain what a stone is? It is mentioned a few times in all the comments about mirtazapine. I gather is a unit of weight. I've gained weight but I live in America where weight measured in pounds.
  • Posted

im 14 days in cold tukey av bin realy bad spaced out hradeache still waitin f the withdrawal to end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.