Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI again

I would like to ask anyone who has withdrawn from Mirtazapine to explain what sort of symptoms you have experienced with withdrawal.

I have reduced from 15mg to 12.5mg 4 weeks ago and have had a constant trembling/ shaking feeling predominantly in the mornings with an underlying anxious feeling, nausea, gastric upset, sweating, aching lower limbs and pressure in my head. Can anyone relate to any similar effects please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have been withdrawing for just over 3 months from 15 now on 3.75 and have Experienced all what you have. The thing is I was given mirt for sleep. But the less I take the more sleepy I feel in the morning. I did have a week about 4 weeks ago where I could not sleep

Stay safe 😜

• Posted

Hi thanks for your post. I've been gieven this drug to start but the more I read about the drug the less I want to take it! I can't find much info on the net about it. Is it a new drug? If it gives you flu like symptoms coming off it then no thanks. I'll tell my GP to shove it. Can I ask, were you advised to come off it? 
    • Posted

Hi

Yes there is loads of bad reviews on here about mirt. All I can say it has really helped me get my life back together. No my doc didn't tell me to stop. I just feel it's the right time to stop. And I have other things to help me through tough times like a three month old little girl that makes me smile every night when I come home from work, and I have also started meditation which helps calm the mind. If I needed too I Would use mirt again. As I tried an ssri and it made me worse. But they all have some side effects and withdrawal probs. 

hope this helps

G

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. i've generally been OK with SSRI but this is an SNRI isn't it. they all seem to put more noradrenaline in your system but if you are running off that anyway from being exhausted I don't see how it helps. So confusing!
  • Posted

Hi sue,

yes I have all the above as well, and it is worse in the mornings I think as far as early wake ups and panic. Lots of nausea. You'll need to get a prescription for nausea as I couldn't go off them without it. Lots o shaking and tremors ect. Might also end to get a benzo. Go back to your doctor and report this, most doctors don't know mirt has WD effects. Wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.