Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could anybody tell me who has been through withdrawal when nervousness and being jumpy is normal for withdrawal......ive felt like this since tapering and stopping mirtazapine. I wished id never started it. It never helped just made matters worse!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison,

read David 's posts, he is about week 13 since stopping. Also read calmer and rose. Good luck x

• Posted

Im not good at finding my Way around this site. I am certain I have read some of davids posts. Wasnt David on it for quite a few years? X
  • Posted

Hi Alison,I took Mirtizapine for three months,and when I came off it my withdrawl symptoms lasted about 3 months and nervousness is a big part of the with withdrawl x
    • Posted

Thankyou for the reassurance fudgeybear. I feel like im a nervous wreck and so jumpy. Im glad to hear that that will ease with time. Ive only been off it for 10 days. X
    • Posted

Hi Alison, and thank you Sheila for the vote of confidence.  Anx & insomnia seem to be the major wd symptoms with most people it seems.  And yes, you are right, David was on it for many years and by his own admission jumped off as opposed to tapering.  It does depend greatly how slowly you taper & of course how long you were on it for.

Hang on in there, if it gets too much speak to your doctor re something to calm you like Diazepam for short duration maybe?  May have to be firm with doc that you need these as they don't dish them out willingly.

Hope this helps a little and best wishes to you.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying calmer. I am suffering with anxiety anyeay so its hard to know whats causing what. I have diazepam to help me through. Also have been given phenergan to help me to sleep. Its just I am feeling this horrible nervousness and feel very jumpy at the same time. Just wondered if that was part of the withdrawal. X
    • Posted

Yes it can be and if it's started up since you began to wd don't make the mistake of thinking symptoms of the past are returning (yet).  It's more than likely the Mirt' ... the anxiety can be (changable) torture but you must remember it will pass.  Maybe try some relaxation everyday, maybe google a "guided relaxtation" or a "guided meditation" to calm yourself and help you to keep centred or grounded.  

Drink lots of water to help flush out toxins (Mirt !!) - and if you can, go for brisk walks or CV at the gym - it will up your endorphins and burn off the cortisol which builds up with the stress/anxiety of WD.

I've been gathering info' ready for my WD when the summer is over - so I don't have first hand knowledge of WD but can honestly say I feel about as clued up and anyone can be !!!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.