Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just quit mirtazapine 4 days ago. For the first 3 days, I had no sleep, awful panic, nausea, no appetite, and crying spells. Today, day 4, I slept, and I have been able to eat all day! Do you think I'm over it or should I expect more? Thanks for the help. smile

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

How long were you on it and how much ?

Did you taper down ?

• Posted

I was on 7.5 for 2 months. Short time and low dose! I tapered down to 3.75 for a few days, then nothing. My doc wanted to quit cold turkey, but I didn't feel safe doing that! 

• Posted

Expect more but stick with it I am 3 months clear n all good xx
    • Posted

I was on 45ml went cold turkey after 3 yrs n all good now horrible tablet
    • Posted

Good to know! smile I was on 7.5 for 2 months, so I'm hoping not too much more will happen! What were your withdrawal symptoms?

• Posted

Expect more then you won't worry when it comes back and bites you on your arse.

I realised it comes in waves and windows, you think it's all gone and wham! there it is again. Good luck

• Posted

How long were you on it on which dose? smile

I'm going to keep it in mind for sure!

• Posted

HI BLYTHER...i am exactly the same as you..3-4 mnths ago i was very ill with chronic imsomnia/dep/anx/ect..dr prescribed 30mg mirt.i was scared to take that much so   took 7.5mg..SO HAPPY I DID THIS...READ MY POSTS...i have been off mirt for 12 days and do not feel that bad ..a bit low some times but can live with that..my only problem is i do not sleep very well,dr said give it a bit longer as the sleep may improve ...if not to try a small dose DIAZAPAN..not many people start on small dose;s of mirt [i don;t know why not] it worked for me and you..just give yourself a bit more time and see what happens its early days yet so be PATIENT..AND YOU WILL BE OK..GOOD LUCK   BLUESY   keep in touch 
    • Posted

Thank you!! smile I'm so glad I never went up either. I started 7.5, but felt like it only improved my sleep. So I tried to go up to 15, and had the worst 3 days in a long time! After that I decided to stop. It's been 4 days, and I'm hoping the nausea is over now! Did you have any stomach issues? Thanks for the reply! 

• Posted

HI BLYTHER...thanks for reply...i had bad constipation so took a remody for it and it cleard up,,,,this seems to be quite common with mirt,,,,all the best ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY
    • Posted

Thank you! Good to know! I will check back in in a few days! 
    • Posted

Hi I was on 15mgs for 6weeks then 30mgs for 4weeks then I quit after I got the first w/d which was the Night Sweats
    • Posted

They didn't get shorter they just got scarier, but that's just me we all suffer in different ways

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.