Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Morning

After 2 hrs sleep and a horrible night of anxiety is it normal to get to 10 days off and feel as bad as you did 7 days ago.

Frequent urine

No sleep

Sore tummy

Panic

Any advise and supporting words appreciated

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I hope you haven't stopped cold turkey but are weaning off very slowly. It's extremely normal to feel like you are going through hell getting off this drug but in my experience that was better than staying on it. my doctors had a sleep clinic which was just a lady giving suggestions on how to sleep better. I thought it would be a waste of time but was very valuable. you can read my story about insomnia and dread if you like and how I got off Mirt. all the best mate

• Posted

Hi no

Over 6 weeks I have gone from 30 for 2 night back to 15 which was over 9 months to 7.5 for 4 weeks to 4.9 for a week then a shard for 2 days then off. Felt great until yesterday which was day 9 off

• Posted

Hi,

What dose are you on just now? To be honest, I have come to learn that being on and especially withdrawing from mirt can effect each individual in very different ways. Panic or anxiety is a typical effect people get as they cut down. This may be an indecation that you need to slow down on how much your cutting down. I'm on liquid so am able to reduce by tiny amounts. Sore tummy, frequent weeing may not be due to mirt and so I would go see your doctor about those things. Little sleep will definately make life miserable and only help to make everything feel ten times worse. Sounds like you have a lot on your mind and your never giving your brain a chance to wind Down. My personal suggestion is to try not go on anymore pharm drugs to force you into sleep and look into herbal and more natural methods. Nytol works for me along with chamomile tea shortly before bed or through the day. I have taken 2 months to get down to 30mg from 45mg but unfortunately I was suffering from depression, I believe due to the cut down, as well as anxiety, mostly in the evening and again brought on by cutting down. I have been forced to go back up to 35mg over Xmas and from today I will begin again to drop by tiny amounts. It will take a further 3 months before I should be completely clear of this drug and it couldn't come sooner. Good luck....

• Posted

I was on mert a year and came off quite quickly dont appear to have had much withdrawal symptoms. Am on st John's wort but it even says on the packet do not use if you are depressed!

• Posted

Do you feel the St John's wort has helped, I was given some from a herbalist and was planning to start it on day 14 off

• Posted

hi mark, yes its normal, its called waves and windows! you will settle it will just take time x

• Edited

i was in mirt for 4 years and weaned myself off by cutting pill till i was eventually taking a crumb similar symptons to you very anxious depressed sleep deprived etc for bout 4 months my dr told me to go back on as i was the type of person who needed this drug ! i perservered and am now off for 6 months i sleep 6 hrs or more bit disturbed sleep but no fogginess depression etc my body feels clean and healthy take sleepytime tea and camomile tea at night i was taking melTonin for a while while i was so sleep deprived but not anymore i feel your pain its a tough ride to go thru good luck hang in there

• Posted

Thank you I will stick with it its been a slightly better day today

Your words really help me thank you its appreciated

• Posted

Hi

I have been taking 45mg Mirtazapine and wake up every morning in the horrors. I get a terrible anxiety attack and cry. By taking out various other meds I am sure that the Mirtazapine is causing this morning anxiety and I am in the middle of reducing it. I tried to do it fast but it takes 4-9 days to come out of my system so I will have to continue to taper my dose. I am 99% certain that this is the cause of the morning horrors, if you are still taking it and getting awful morning anxiety it might be the same for you.

Also waking during the night is hunger as this is a major appetite increasing agent. It is good for sleep for a few hours and then really messes up everything, that is my opinion.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.