Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi,

after 4.5 years on 15mg i finally stopped in November. Has anyone had issues with their eyesight deteriorating after stopping taking Mirt?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ian,

I have every time I've dropped down. it will pass, the longest it has lasted with me has been a few weeks.

• Posted

I have read of this symptom but not experienced itI was not on Mirt for very long but have bad withdrawal symptoms but I dont think my eyes are affected I have been assured by others on this site that symptoms do pass so good luck

• Posted

i got glycoma after being in mirt for 4 years not sure if it was coincidental no glycoma in famiky history

• Posted

do you have other symptoms

• Posted

I was on 15mg for 2 weeks, 30mg for 7 weeks, then tapered to 7.5 over just under 4 weeks so 13 weeks in all. I've been off completely for more than 7 weeks. The insomnia started when I was on 30mg and has continued. Its very bad as is the anxiety. Doctor doesnt understand.

Hopefully all the symptoms including your eye problem will go in time. It is however horrible.

• Posted

Holland and Barrett had a good tablet I took for insomnia smelt written but it did work

• Posted

My insomnia goes on and on, I hardly sleep. Are you experiencing this. How long does it last. How do you deal with it

• Posted

I've been on mitrazapine for a year... my eye sight is a bit blurry some times never had a problem with my eyesight before mitrazapine. And my weights went up too. Really would like too come off it for these reasons but it does 100% work for my depression .

• Posted

I've been on mitrazapine for a year... my eye sight is a bit blurry some times never had a problem with my eyesight before mitrazapine. And my weights went up too. Really would like too come off it for these reasons but it does 100% work for my depression .

• Posted

yes, it works for the depression and anxiety. Its just the side effects that pushed me into wanting off!!

• Posted

it's the weight that's really upsetting especially around my tummy area

• Posted

yes thats a problem! When i first started i couldnt walk past the fridge without getting something out!! took a lot of willpower but i eventually got control

• Posted

Exact same with me I want off because of the side effects but I know I dont want too get ill again 😪

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.