Mirtazapine withdrawal and pruney fingers???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Strange stuff is happening to me while I come off Mirtazapine. I’ve been on it since January. Coming off slowly but stopped a few weeks ago but had terrible rebound insomnia so started a dose of 3.75mg to try and rectify. I had this odd thing happen where my fingertips became really sensitive and sore almost stinging, they’d go tight and almost pruney and then it’d be tough to hold things. Now I’m 28y/F but this is new for me... It happened before I stopped and then reappeared after I started again. I want off this stuff so bad!! I’m also getting:

Dizzy upon standing

Thumping head

Heart palpitations (seen a cardiologist)

Bad disassociation 

Bad anxiety 

Headaches

Severe fatigue

Please help!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, sorry to hear your having terrible time with up an down or vice versa from Mirtazapine. Im still going thru Withdrawals from Zyprexa but i also can relate to having Dizziness from Mirtazapine as i went down from 60mg to 30mg afew months ago an ive experienced Dizzy Spells particularly from standing aswell as other times. I also suffered Headaches an terrible Fatigue.. I hope you get some relief from your Symptoms very soon and i wish you all the very best for the future. Take care Lloyd from Oz
    • Posted

Hey Lloyd, 

Yea, I’m still struggling. It’s not fun unfortunately. I had to re-establish a stable amount so chose 3.75mg and I’m just getting the same weird symptoms & sensations as before. Hard to determine what’s anxiety & what’s withdrawal.

I’m hoping to drop down again this weekend!!!

Standing & dizziness is horrible and I can’t stand it.

I hope everything works out for you too!

Good luck xx

• Posted

Hello Louise, the only thing I can do to help is tell you that you're not odd or unusual. This stuff is terrible. The side effects are awful and the withdrawal effects are numerous and even worse. I'm a 6 foot 5 and 17 stone fit male and this stuff has had me blabbering like a baby. I've gone from 45mg to 15mg over 10 days and today is the first time I've got off the sofa and done things for myself. Shakes, Sweats, throbbing headaches, anxiety, the only upside soon far is that I've lost over a stone. It seems that everyone in this discussion is going through their own little hell. Hang in there, It's got to end at some point.

• Posted

Hi Frimley, thank you for he reassurance! I feel like a blubbering mess! I have a 10 month old and trying to juggle all this is hell. 

I had to come off so slowly like I’ve been dropping down since March... nearly 3 months and I was only on them for about 8 weeks. 

Sorry for your suffering, my symptoms seem to match yours well so hopefully it’ll all end soon!

Good luck and stay strong xx

• Posted

Yup I had all those symptoms to still got a few of them I’m nearly 6 weeks off mirtazapine now and so looking forward to some normality 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.