Mirtazapine withdrawal helpim finding it so hard

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please anyone who is going through the same I just need to chat to know I’m not alone and the feelings are just withdrawal symptoms and not that I’m going mad

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I managed to come off them with no help or symptoms as soon as I stopped I felt much better in myself then I started back on my trazadone with my doctors knowledge
    • Posted

When dr tried me with trazadone i went spaced out and couldnt function. You are fortunate it suits you.
    • Posted

I've been on them for 5 years best thing for me until they decided to try mitrazepine I was in a right mess with them

• Posted

So interested to see someone feeling like me.  Mirtaz free in fifth week. Anxiety bad, sleep terrible, shakes in bed. Some days feel im going mad.   What are your experiences? Everyone said it would be hard but i am really struggling
    • Posted

I’m feeling so awful I don’t know what to do my skin is crawling and my head is in so much turmoil what do you do to help these symptoms 
    • Posted

Anxiety is still really bad but I don't think that will ever go so just getting on with it

• Posted

I can cope with anxiety it the head turmoil I can’t deal with did you have this problem 
  • Posted

Caroline

My story on withdrawal

Put on Mirtazapine Oct 2016 has major problems eating and massive anxiety /panic attack’s after the removal of my appendix which was in the end not straight forward.  I went from healthy to loosing a stone in weeks.

Mirtazapine was my saviour it enabled me to eat again and sleep.  At this point I was on 45mg.

After 6 months I reduced to 30mg no obvious problems.

January 2018 over a stone over weight decided my grim interlude was over I knew that I would always be an anxious person, but now I needed to somehow embrace the feeling and keep telling myself “it will pass, it will pass” and sometimes it did and some days it hung around all day !!!!

I then reduced to 15mg every other day and boy that’s when the withdraw kicked in big time 

The list 

Head not belonging fuzzy jumpy buzzing off balance, worst in the mornings 

Nauseous 

Skin prickly spiky and pulsey 

Anxious 

Determined to carry on

Went to 15 mg every day some days better than others

Next stage tablet broken half 7.5 one day 15mg the next still experiencing some nauseous and buzzy head but prickly skin and itching reduced 

Will now stay on 7.5 for another 3 weeks and then ask my Dr. for liquid do I can reduce to 5mls and so on.

I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel but I am not complacent about coming off this drug 

Good luck it will get easier drink plenty of water and keep as busy as your body will allow 

Anghared 

• Posted

Thank you for replying to me I’m on liquid mirtazapine now reduced from 7.5mg to 6mg  on Tuesday I wish somewhere in my head I can find a positive thought I feel in more turmoil daily I’ve tried coming off it before but when I get to this stage my GP always wants me to up the dose and doesn’t recognise its withdrawal she says it’s because I need it and there aren’t that many withdrawals from mirtazapine 
    • Posted

What a load of crap the withdrawals are the worst ever I’ve bern through in my life get some Valium to help you  here if you need to talk to someone 
  • Posted

Hi me me me I went cold turkey straight off them oh my god worst 10 days of my life my doctor gave me Valium and a sleeping tablet I had to go off then to start a mew medication milnacipran because just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but the medication I hate so I’m having half of a 15ml at night just to help me it was so bad so I definitely know what your going through the only good thing is you start to notice weight loss because they make you put it on go to your doctors ASAP get some Valium to help you it’s the most horrendous thing to go through I’m here if you need any advice 
  • Posted

You're not alone.

I came off on Wednesday and am feeling down though the first 4 days were good.

I was on a low dose of Mirta 7.5mg but it still feels bad. Don't know whether to go back on or to stay off.

I dont know if the low mood is withdrawal symptoms or anxiety-depression returning.

I like being off the Mirta cos my weight will come down but i dont like my low mood right now

• Posted

I hope you don’t go back on them as you’ll only have the withdrawals when you do

It’s a difficult drug to stop but be strong 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.