mirtazapine withdrawal no sleep! help! scared.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so scared my sleep will never return. Three weeks off mirt. No sleep. Please help. X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi S, go see your doctor get some help with the sleeping now,  it has been advised on here by other withdrawing to get benzos to help with the transition ... xanax, valium, ativan, and klonopin are the more well known.  Shocking to leave you like this - lay it on heavy with your doctor sweetheart xx
    • Posted

Hi I have spoken to the doc and he was pretty good. I don't want to take more tablets. I am going to weather the storm. He said it takes about six weeks for things to settle. I hope! He said the brain has to readjust. He didn't want to put me on anymore tablets as they will be hard to come off too. Thank u for your help though. Have u been on mirt? Xx
  • Posted

Yes am still on Mirt', ironically I started to take it for sleep problems ! anx & dep - plan to withdraw very slowly after the summer months -might take me 6 months mind you from what I've read.

Hope your sleep pattern returns, the worst thing for insomnia to both cause and feed the fear - is worrying that you won't be able to sleep!  Relaxation a couple of hours before bedtime, no computer or gaming etc ...

Wishing you well S x

• Posted

Hi S, I'm also finding it really hard to sleep coming off mirtzapine, I went to local chemist and got sleep aid apparently not addictive I'm praying I get good sleep tonight, I also find soft relaxing music or reading an easy book helps. Cheers Nettie in aussie
  • Posted

Hi S

I've been off mirt a few weeks now & although take zopiclone for sleep the most I've been getting is 3 hrs a night, couldn't stick it any longer & saw doc today & he has prescribed a different sleeper, not something I wanted to do but on the other hand my mood & anxiety were getting very low due to lack of sleep so it's the lesser of 2 evils.

Think about trying something to get you back into a regular sleep pattern, coming off mirt seems to be trial & error.

Take care & good luck x

• Posted

Hi S and everyone,

unfort I seen my pdoctor and he strongly suggested I went back onto 15 mlg of mirtzapine and take it much earlier in the evening because it lasts in our system abt 12 hrs and takes abt 2 hrs to kick in, so I'm now taking it abt 7pm my time and into bed abt 9.30 -10pm.  I've done this for 3 nights now and feeling ok at mo. I really didn't want to go bk onto mirtzapine but I have to be able to function well enough to go to interviews and do full time temping admin work and be a mum because I definitely can't live off government single parents pymts here in australia.  I'll have to try coming off this med again in abt 1 months time but much slower this time. Good luck everyone and take care. God bless. Nettie

• Posted

Hi Nettie. U have done the right thing if I was working i would have done the same. I am out of work at the min but my goal is to get well and back into a job. Don't beat yourself up. U can taper very slowly in a months time. And it takes along as it takes. Lots of hugs Susan. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.