Mirtazapine withdrawal / reinstating

Posted , 2 users are following.

A little background I was on mirtazapine for a little over 12 weeks then was advised by my psych to quit due to side effects. 3 weeks off the drug no sleep horrendous abdominal pain and the list goes on. I reinstated 2 days ago but the insomnia and abdominal pain continues. I want my life back and feel like this drug has robbed me of that from the first day of taking it. I now have horrible tinnitus. Everyone tells you to take one day at a time and look to the future or this too will pass. Over the past 5 months I think I have spent most days hoping they were rock bottom only to learn what my new new rock bottom is. I don't know how to get off this horrible drug and be a father to my 3 amazing kids. It just doesn't effect us but also the people we love. This drug has also destroyed my relationship with my partner and I am sure my family are at breaking point.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.