Mirtazapine withdrawl or something else?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive been off the mirts for 10 days, I was on a very low dose of 3.75mgs for 10 weeks and 1.88mgs for 2 weeks before stopping.  I was this med for severe anxiety.  I've had some withdraw symptoms I think, started about 4 days after last pill, headache, then nausea, bad anxiety espicially in the morning but can feel it all day, muscle aches very bad in my legs, arms and shoulders.  I feel like my shoulders and legs are tight all the time and anxious, is this all normal after stopping this med?  Also some dizziness and tiredness, less of an appetite.  Is all this normal?  I called my psych doc yesterday because I was so sick this weekend and anxiety was so high on monday.  When I saw him last week he said lets stay off the meds and try therapy, then yesterday he said go back to the 1.88mg dose and he will call me thursday.  I originally stopped this med because I was swelling and having legs aching all the time.  Now he wants me to go back on it, after telling me 2 days before to stay off of it and do therapy.  I honestly don't know what to do, the anxiety and stress in my system is worrying me, I have health anxiety so this is making me think its causing heart issues.  I'm 55yrs old so I worry about how all this long term stuff is now effecting me.  Is it normal for the muscles to feel tight for days and the anxiety to be there all the time?  Have any of you stopped this med only to be told to go back on?  Did it help when you went back on?  Did you get off of it a later date and be ok?  I'm a wreck as you can see and need some help.  Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think this medication is very up and down. I was on 30mg for 5and half weeks. Had 10 days were I felt really well. But from week 4 to 5and a half it was horrendous.I could no longer stay on 30mg. I went back down to 15 mg and was OK. Had three good days and now today again I feel awful. I'm. Hoping to get off them all together my doctor seems to think it won't be difficult as I'm Only on a small dose and haven't been on them for long. I'm not so sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.