Mirtazapine Wothdrawals - Yeast Infection? 😮

Posted , 3 users are following.

I weaned down and finally came off of Mirtazapine. It's been three days. I don't feel very good, which I expected, but, is a vaginal yeast infection a withdrawal symptom also?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I haven't read anything about causing yeast infections. A question for you: 1) did you gain weight while taking mirtzapine 2) how long for your total weaning and 3) did you lose weight while weaning.

Hope you feel better soon. I am going to start weaning tonight. Have been taking 15 mg once a day will start tonight with 7.5 mg. I have gained so much weight (25+ lbs, I am short with small frame) and am really hoping to shed this weight quickly!

• Posted

Hi. I was taking two 15 mg pills for eight months. I was given these pills to treat nausea and messed up stomach. Guess there was study that it helps that. My GI doctor prescribed them. I gained 30 pounds. Thought I am ready to go off of them. Started with half the dose at 15 mg for one week and then cut that in half for one week and then just quit. I just went to see my physiatrist on Saturday and he said I could just stop cold turkey that I didn't need to wean off of them. My stomach got messed up and I felt nausea. Seems to be getting better. I was tempted to go back on them. I've already lost 7 pounds. Just did not have the munchies anymore. It's been six days and I think Ive gotten all of it out of me. But not all.

• Posted

Bro what was your last dose?
    • Posted

Hi. I widdled down to half of a 15 mg. Definitely felt weird. It's been six days with no Remeron. My physiatrist said I could stop cold turkey. Everything I read, says to wean down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.