mirtazepine sexdrive ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am on day four on mirtazipine I am coming off venlafaxine at the same time one of the side effects I am experiencing is encreased sex drive !!! I can't find any information on this is this normal ??? Thankyou for your time ๐ŸŒน

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Well I find venlafaxine reduced my sex drive, and my ability to reach orgasm, so it might be the reduction of venlafaxine that you are experiencing. Or the change of medication might be just making you feel better generally? I've not noticed any effect from mirtazapine ( I am on both).
    • Posted

Hi pixie was thinking that too ....venlafaxine killed all my sexual feelings and made me feel angry moody nauseous leg cramps in fact the two years I have been on it I've been completely miserable . I am hopeful the mirtazipine will right forme so far I have no bad side effects I shall enjoy it while it lasts ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ˜
  • Posted

The Mirtz can increase your general wellness feeling and ie sexย  drive in the first stages, this will probably level out in time, sorry but I'd say enjoy the extra energy!! but don't burn yourself out, it's probably just the changing off one med to another, probably take a few weeks for your body and mind to stable after med changes.ย  all the best nettie.
    • Posted

Thankyou Nettie I have been on many different medications in the past and never had this the others actually wiped my sex drive out .Well like you say I'm certainly not complaining about this side effects I shall enjoy it while it lasts ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒน
    • Posted

PS: ย The side effects list for these medications and others usually state "erectile disfunction" as a side effect. ย I've written to a few pointing out that's not relevant to women and makes it appear our libido isn't affected by these drugs, when ususally it is. ย  I found prozac by far the worst: what's the point of a drug which doesn't decrease your sex drive but won't allow an orgasm? ย  What moron invented that for people already depressed?
    • Posted

Thanks so much jude for the info I totally agree as if us depressed peeps don't have to put up with enough hey ...๐Ÿ˜” I have totally forgot how it feels to feel quite good and I am well pleased to be getting a sexdrive back after many years of none at all ๐Ÿ‘yay ๐Ÿ˜
  • Posted

Have fun, this is just your libido returning to normal, drugs in that class of anti-depressants either supress the libido or suppress orgasm - good idea for people already depressed eh?

So it's not a side effect, it's the removal of a side effect - enjoy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.