mirtazipan withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, it's been awhile since I posted on here, I am on my 5th week of withdrawal and having the worst time ever, bad headache all the time,nausea, upset stomach, terrible backache, feeling tremble, just to name a few things, the anxiety has gone through the roof, does anybody know how long this nightmare lasts for?and when things start to improvešŸ˜– would appreciate any advice, can anyone help feel so desperate.thank you.

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone gone from Mirtz to anti-psychotics? I have a GP appointment tomorrow and Psych assessment next Monday and got a feeling may be moving on...and wondered what the withdrawal may be like...?

Stephen

• Posted

Hi S,

i have not gone to anti psychotics but my doctor did try to do a drug tranfere...to another SSRI...and I thought I was sick from the new medication and it was the mirt withdrawal...so please be aware that the tranfere may or may not work. If you are getting the symptoms of mirt WD, it may not be the new drug. I hope this helps...

good luck and best of health to you...

• Posted

Hi

I was on 15mg of mirt early thus year for bout 3months and very slowly came off it as I felt it wasn't doing me any good and at t imes making me worse. I cut my tablet in half for ten days and then half again for a week and didn't seem to have any real problem, think the key is to do it very slowly.

Having said that I am now back on them and have been for a few months at 7.5, really to help with my sleep, which it was helping a bit but not enough really, so in the New year I will cone off again....but very slowly

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

so glad I found this forum.Ā frownLike you I am on my fifth week. Horrendous. I have insomnia , started about 10 Days after stopping. Making me feel very low. Also all the other things you mentioned. Doctor gave me Zopic

lone, awful drug made me feel depressed and sick. Anyone else suffering with insomnia..?

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

last dose was five weeks ago. Today I feel spaced out as if I Head does not belong to me. Also insomnia. Hope I Will get through Christmas okay.

Ā 

• Posted

Hi Margaret, I have the same symptoms as you, has coming off caused insomnia
    • Posted

Hi Christine, I noticed that you were put on zopiclone, did you mean that zopiclone made you feel depressed and sick? I do know that these effects are part of the withdrawal, today is my 8th week since my last tablet, feeling ghastly, can't stop crying, not at all like me, and the physical symptoms are through the roof, no appetite, no sleep, hope it all ends soon,lets hope for a better new year. Good luck.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.