mirtazipine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on 15 mg mirt for 15 months for anx.I started off really well.The anx went and was more or less back to me.Xmas last year was great,i felt great the whole 2 weeks.Since jan this year i have only had 3 small periods (10 days,4 days,and 5 days) of feeling good,the rest of the the time has been pretty awful.Waking up is bad (i do sleep ok) - i do not feel refreshed from sleep at all.My back kills me all day,anx is back in differing degrees.I have no energy for anything but i do force myself to walk an hour a day.Eating is a problem and have nothing until at least 7pm.By late afternoon i start to feel marginally better.I have a GP appt in approx 10 days.I can either up it to 30 (tried it last year and it really didn't work),i can come of it and change,or my preference i think is to come off it completely and see how i am.Mirt has killed my emotions and spontenaity,it has affected my vision (long distance ),i've put on 3st and it has given me sore breasts (i am male)My mood is generally pretty good i think but feeling crap is really bringing me down.Someone said that the mirt has turned on me as it's done its job.Someone also said to me it has pooped out after 15 months.Thanks.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine does stop working I was on 45mg for 6 years then it stopped 4 months ago

When it comes to meication I never mess around with it my first stop is my doctor to get it sorted

Best of luckcool

• Posted

I agree with you about sertraline,thats what Im on now along with 15mg of mirt Its a nightnare Im confined to the house with the side effects.

I m going to see a psychaitrist on Wednesday so hopefully they will sort me out

• Posted

My word .. youv put up with alot of side effects. I only lasted 4 months came off it last week. If i was u I'd be having a change 30mg made me worse I think. Have u tried sertraline or venlafaxine. . Iv started ven today ..
    • Posted

hi,been on them both with terrible side effects and only lasted 2 days on prozac for same reason.
  • Posted

I would try to come off it if I were you. Mirtazapine turned round on me after nearly 4 years. Suddenly I felt anxious, depressed and had insomnia again after it working really well up until then. It also gave me frequent night time urination and lowered my white blood cell count to below normal minimum levels. I think it has also been responsible for my stage 3 chronic kidney disease, although I can't prove it. So yes, I would come off it, but very slowly. Your GP will probably advise you withdraw far too fast; most do.
    • Posted

Thanks.i see gp next week and have decided I want to do it.I

Had no problem at all getting on it at all , is that same for getting

off it ?(15mg dose for 15 months)

• Posted

No, getting off it is much harder than getting on it. You have to do it very slowly. Have a look at the mirtazapine withdrawal threads on here. Good luck. I have been off it for 6 weeks now and had very few WD symptoms because I tapered off very slowly.
    • Posted

Hi I was on 30mg of mirt .for 4 months. I came straight off it .. thanks to my pdr. I'd say I got mad symptoms around the time I'd usually take it. Nothing really unpleasant just feeling quite nutty... & squinting ..with it being 9-10pm I could go to bed. .I went to see my doc couple days into he said no point tapering now as I'm over the worst, it lasted about 8 days ..Good luck..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.