mirtazipine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,I am sure I asked this months ago but here goes.When,if ever, does the additional weight start to drop off when you are tapering?I was on 15mg,just cut to 7.8mg which has taken 9 months.I am still 3 stone overweight and 6 inches bigger on my waist.The only "good" thing is I seem to be stable and not increasing anymore.I am embarrasssed to look in the mirror and am meant to be going on holiday providing I can get there.My health is so up an down , I cannot make plans as I never know if I am going to feel well or if I am going to feel like "death" and these ill/good times can last a few days or a couple of weeks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I lost 8 pounds when I was around 1.5 mg and then lost another 16 pounds within two months of getting off.
  • Posted

My blood sugar and cholesterol also dropped dramatically when I got off and I don't cringe any longer when I look in the mirror.

• Posted

I am a nervous wreck at present & just managed a holiday to Goa.  Very glad I did and I feel a lot better for it.  Have your holiday & do your best to enjoy it.  I heard a great statment to help people along - Fear is the vulture that sits on your shoulder.

• Posted

Hiya Plainden

You're coming up to getting below 7.5 ... it gets slightly better with each cut after that, food cravings seem to 'taper' also !!  Once below 7.5 I felt a lot better ... 7.5 was not a good place for me, too much fatigue.  I think fatigue itself makes us crave food.

Well I would say as always its different for everyone, it seems the only folk who lose a lot of weight suddenly are those who cut too fast, or those with "ultimate self-control/restraint".  For me the craving did get less and less, so its a matter of if you can decline what you've had cravings for, it wasn't easy for me, after years of being good then going on Mirt' it was like a frantic feast holiday, with consequences similar to yours.

Once off Mirt for several weeks the hunger just wasn't there for me, but I was fighting my recent "feast holiday habit" ~ I think it takes time.  My belly fat got less naturally, then the odd pound came off here and there.  Its 8 weeks off Mirt now, so I think this is a good time for the weight to come off, for me.  

Great to hear you're doing OK, pleased for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.