Mirtazipine, i've been on it for 16 years, now trying to come off it

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on MT since it first came out in 1998, it proved to be a good AD for me after trying many others, no hot sweats,impotance, and it did help me sleep after many years of not being able to.

I was on 45mg until six months ago April 2014 then reduced to 30mg, Three weeks ago i decided enough is enough and cut doen to 15mg, untill Fri 22nd nov this year 2014 then i stopped alltogether, so now i'm five days without, and feeling good, just the odd queezy moment, and occasionall tearfull moment, 

The side effects are addictive, like being drugged at night and able to sleep as long as i went to bed within one hour of taking the pill, i was out like a light even after 16 years, but on the negative side i gained a massive amout of weight, i went from 12st to 22st in the first two years, but through lots of effort , and joining a ramblers group i am back down to 14st, but still need to lose another 2st now iv'e come off them i hope this will happen,

So far the effects of comming off seam to be mild, like some muscle spasms, feeling sick, slight panick attacks or anxiety, but iv'e managed to slleep well, and this was my main concern

Ray

Blackpool UK

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Wow if you can lose 10st in 2 years it just proves you have sheer willpower so overcoming this should be fine. Good luck take care x
    • Posted

Thanks, i lost the weight using Atkins and walking 4 miles twice a day, excersise really helps with depression
    • Posted

Thanks I will try myself to exercise just got to get the energy haven't you 
  • Posted

Good luck Ray and please keep us posted! I hope it will be an easy one for you! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.