Mirtazipine : lost weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started Mirtazipine in sept 2017 and went off it on the 1st Feb,

From September 2017 to Feb 2018 I had put on 7 to 8kg I went from 62.3 to 69.8 despite eating healthy and cutting out junk I was craving food and even eating things like chicken potatoes pasta and rice all with veggies I put on weight a lot faster then when I wasn’t on mirtazipine I ate small portions of my meals but was always hungry I’d crave food at 9 and 10pm at night sometimes 11pm and was munching on crackers and cheese, I decided to start excersising hard but found myself feeling out of energy and feeling really heavy of a morning so even though it made me sleep really well and made me feel good to do my daily programs I wasn’t happy about the weight and how I was feeling so I spoke to doctor and he suggested for me to stay on it for another couple months as the only problem was the weight and I stated I wasn’t feeling good at being heavier and wanted to see if there was anything else so he has now put me on Prozac fluoxetine and since being off mirtazipine I have lost 4kg in 3 weeks, my appetite has changed where I’m not craving food late at night and I’m not overly hungry even though I’m eating my appetite has slowed down I’m still doing my walking and excersises to keep fit and I’m finding it easier to excersise as I have more energy then before so I think so far fluoxetine has been the best so far with maintaining weight I’m sleeping well and am able to do my routines and I’m not out of energy as I was before. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel jealous as I have still to lose the weight I gained. I will look in to fluoxetine as my sleep has gone back to being poor. Thanks for the info as I think many others might find it of benefit
  • Posted

Did you have any withdrawal symptoms when you stopped ?
    • Posted

No surprisingly i didnt have any withdrawals maybe becaise i wasnt on it any longer than 5 months and i was on 25mg to start with then went up to 30 in a months time and since then ive hated the weight side of things and i wasnt feeling good being 69kg
  • Posted

Yes but except for the sleep problem nothing bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.