Mirtazipine Side Effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Just posting to see if anyone has these side effects and has any advice. I am just starting my 4th week of 30mg and am feeling terrible.Doctors says wait until the end of this week. Side effects include

Brain zaps

Terrible neck pain

Blocked ears

Migraines ( A really bad attack happened on Monday, ended up at a&e thinking I was having a stroke)

Pins and needles in hands

Weak arms and legs

Sleeping loads (12 hours a night, and still no energy)

Irratible

Agressive

Bouts of crying

Anxiety

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've been on Mirt 30 for twelve months.  Had irritability, anger, bouts of crying and sleeping long and no energy.  I am now recovered back at wrk and side effects lasted about 8 weeks now I don't have any now and anxiety all but gone.
  • Posted

Sounds terrible, may I ask when you first noticed these symtoms, only I have just started on mirt and a bit concerned now, I do feel you need to speak to your doctor.

• Posted

Sounds like the big "M" right enough!!

You poor woman,it's bloody tough trying to get our heads able to cope with normal life.

This is my 3rd week weaning off one crappy tablet,in the hope that the big M is better for me.

However my moods are going up and down like a rollercoaster. One minute i seem to be ok and the next,i want to run and keep running and never come back. I feel totally overwhelmed by this tablet in one way or another. The hate and anger,and frustration is hard bloody work,and as you say tiring, add that on top of day to day stuff, and I. find it difficult to have any semblance of life at all.

Like i said i am hoping that the tab settles,and i can have even a vague sort of happiness. 

• Posted

hi I was on mirt for  about 3  month but had to come of them because of the side affects which were pretty bad. they tried something else (cant remember the name )they made me feel suicidal. I'm now on amitriptyline 100 mg and I'm starting to feel a lot better.hope you get sorted and god bless 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.