Mirtazipine Taper

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,been tapering now for over a year.Started at 15mg.Just cut from 6.3mg to 6.

Recently after each 2 wk cut I've felt rubbish for 4 days max,but this cut I've been feeling awful

for 8 days.Another change has been anxiety -it comes on

daily at any time which has not happened for months.I am so tempted to

reinstate to previous dose as I'm so fed up , and tiny things seem such huge

insurmountable problem eg a simple thing like calling garage !! I know its the

meds withdrawal playing with my head , and realitically its too soon to go back

to last dose I suppose. I would be interested in anyones opinion how long

I continue at this dose feeling like this ,before going back to last dose?Another week

or 2 ?? I am very sensitive to meds hence long taper.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So I'm not sure if you are trolling but I'll assume you aren't. Your dose is very low, if you really want to be off the drug and feeling better ASAP then quit cold turkey now. It might suck for a month or so but you will be happy you did it. I'll be honest in saying I can't believe you have been tapering for a year. Obviously tapering isn't working for you so just stop taking it.

• Posted

Hi Plainden.I am on Mirt for about 6 months now starting at 15mg going to 30mg about 4 1/2 months ago(15 am,15pm) along with Gabapetin going from 200mg to 600mg.At the same time I was tapering off of Paxil 20mg twice a day after 20 years.It's been rough but i"m trying to stick it out until I start to even out.I would continue your taper but see what happens.If you are being supervised by a doc/psc I would talk to them for sure.Good luck and I'll be praying for you.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Hi plainden:  DON'T START again since you are so close to being completely off.  If you give in to the side effects and up the dose you may start feeling more side effects.  I know about the tiny things, I've been on Mirt for over 20 years and am withdrawing now hoping I can handle 7.5 mgs. down from 15 down from 30 mgs. over a 3 month period.  I figure it may take me a full 6 months or longer for it to be out of my system and past any side effects.  IMO, you are being very smart in the way you are weaning. I'd say stay another 2 weeks at your current dose (or take it a day at a time and see how you feel) and then drop.  Congratulations.  Wishing  you the best.

• Posted

Thanks to Frazzled and Robert,I'll give it another week at this dose then decide what to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.