Mirtazipine withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I stopped taking 15mg of mirtazipine about 3 weeks ago, and in the last week I've started suffering with brain tremors, hypersensitivity to light and sound (I can hear my eyes moving!!) And whole body aches and pain. I feel terrible and I'm spending most of the days (when my boys are at school) clutching a hot water bottle, to ease abdominal cramps. I'm irritable but I don't feel my anxiety and depression are returning. And I'm so, so tired. Can anyone relate to this? How long have I got in this hell?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes Louise how long were u on it and what dose. My eyes have permanetly shook for twenty years for taking these drugs.
    • Posted

I've been on anti depressants for nearly 20 years..... I've tried all of them- and mirtazipine was the last. I always feel initially better, but then it's benefits reduce, side effects become more problematic, and I have to change meds. Which can be awful. I was only on it- 15mg for 8 weeks, and I stopped cold turkey (on my gps advise). The side effects when I took the mirtazipine were immediately awful- lethargy, rage and extreme tiredness..... so I decided to try being medication free, with CBT and a more supportive network.... I just hope this doesn't persist.

• Posted

Louise, you stopped without tapering and you are in withdrawls. Contact "Toria Stockford" on facebook and get added to the support group, we may be able to help.

• Posted

i cut too half of my 15mg two night ago that night terrible nightmare next day was terrible pain all over my head and feeling really ill .same this morning took a tiny amount  in desperation at 11 am this morning within 30 minutes the feelings of being really  ill and  excruciating head pains went, but have gone partially deaf twice today like yesterday. i can relate to the hell you must be going through and its only day two for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.