Mirtazipine withdrawal please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me out. I was taking Mirtazipine for 6 months. I slowly withdrew myself with my last pack. I took my last dose 2 weeks ago. I have had all the withdrawals including

Panic attacks

Depression

Happy and sad

Itching

Anxiety

Irritability

Insomnia

But I am struggling with a lingering symptom and wondered if anyone had experienced it or know if it is a withdrawal symptom. My eyes are blurry, motion sickness, spaced out, sensitive to light and pressure headaches. Is it depersonalisation?? I don't know but it's very strange and can't seem to shake it off.

Please if anyone has experienced this please share your experience I'm pretty scared.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had blurred vision as a symptom of my withdrawal as well as head aches. I should think it is just part of the withdrawal process. I know how hellish it can be but stay strong, you will feel better in time smile 
    • Posted

Hiya Sandy 😊 thank you so much for your reply I feel so much better. Would you be able to describe how you felt? My doctor wants me to get my eyes tested but I'm sure it's withdrawal x
    • Posted

And how long about did it last for you?
    • Posted

Overall the withdrawal lasted 2 months or so, I think I'm fine now but I still get the odd thing that feels related. It felt like my eyes were never really adjusting once I had woken up. I had awful anxiety and depression as a result and my stomach was gargling every day. Those were the main ones I suffered with but everyone is different it would seem when it comes to the withdrawal process. 

You will feel loads better by just browsing this forum and seeing that you are not alone. It definitely helped me through it and it was definitely one of the toughest things I have been through. Sounds like you are handling it well smile

• Posted

Hiya Sandy,

I've had 2 cases of serotonin syndrome 2 years ago so I haven't completely freaked as it is similar. It is terrible what we have gone through! I never dreamed it was possible. I am 21 weeks pregnant and have a 3 year old and a busy part time office job and in the process of buying a house - so stressful. Did you have days when you were happy and days when you were depressed? Hate this feeling

• Posted

Oh wow you must be having it rough at the moment sad

Yeah I had up and down days, I wouldn't say I was ever really "happy" during those days but the depression was awful. I never truly appreciated depression and what people go through. Some days I would wake up and rest my head on the kitchen table and cry. I never thought I was going to feel happy again and nothing in the world appealed to me. Thankfully that went away after a few weeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.