Mirtazipine withdrawal weight loss ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i was on mirtazipine last year for 7 months 30mg in December I stopped because of side effects and I was 11stone 8 . Before I was on the drug I was 11 stone 2 then within 3 weeks of stopping I lost a stone and half I was 10 stone 2 in January and up until now been feeling so bad like it's something else I am 9 stone 12 now I still eat a lot I am really worried and don't know what to do I look not well really weak but still eat lot just keep losing weight face sunk in and everything feel really bad any advice would be appreciated I am going back to doctors next week

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I doubt if this is related to mirtazapine.   The advice is always if you are losing weight for no obvious reason then you need to see a doctor.  Make sure you keep that appointment and let us know how you get on please.  Take care.  x
    • Posted

Ye hypercat it's horrible feel so weak and not well for 6 months hairs falling out aswell I'm eating lot had some blood tests last week came back normal but I have read people coming of mirtazipine feel like this but not normal to lose this amount of weight

• Posted

If you came off mirtazapine suddenly then like with all ad meds you will suffer withdrawal symptoms,  but you shouldn't still be affected after all this time.   Losing so much weight even after eating a lot isn't normal and is a sign that something is wrong.  It could well be something simple like anemia,  diabetes or a thyroid problem,  and this is more likely.  But it could be something more serious so you are doing the right thing by seeing your doctor.   Don't let yourself be fobbed off and insist on getting help.  x

• Posted

Yes hypercat my blood showed thyroid is normal I dnt have diabetes or anemia got some results last week got docs next week going to get more tests of some sort cause something isn't right and it's worrying in a way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.