Mirtazpine 15mg worked for a month, on 30mg now and nothing has changed it’s stopped working?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, i was prescribed mirtazpine before christmas and they worked great to start 15mg, they all a sudden stopped working, i got put up to 30mg and nothing has changed? any ideas or help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Same here. I suffered from insomnia for a long time. In the beginning Mirtazapine helped a lot with sleep but after 3 weeks I started to wake up too early again after 5h. Started to increase the dose but tonight again woke up early still drowsy . I'm gonna start 30mg tonight (15mg in the beginning). I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore...

• Edited

I would recommend being consistent with it. Try and make sure you are taking the Mirtazapine at the same time each night. Calm and relax your body an hour before sleep, like reading a book for example.

I find that as much as the Mirtazapine makes me drowsy and "sleepy", if I'm not already sort of tired from my day before taking it, it doesn't really work as well.

That is me personally though, we might be different and that's okay! I hope this helps you though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.