Mirtazpine and carb reactions

Posted , 2 users are following.

never had this before .

could always eat what i want

been on mirtazapine for 2 years. started at 30mg down to 22.5mg and now at 19mg. i want off. i find if i eat anything like bread or fruit for breakfast, 4/5 hours later i come over all hot and dizzy and weak . it passes to some degree if i then eat but sometimes leaves me feeling crap and anxious all day . if i avoid carbs , it tends not to happen .

i also take 75mg effexor with breakfast .

i swapped the effexor to evening and that made no difference . is this a thing with mirtazpine ? i have had countless bloods but all ok

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have this too. one of the reasons im getting off it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.