Mirtz only makes me sleep!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all new to this group I’ve been on mirtz for just over 2 years now started off with 30mg and then past 11 months been on 45, the only thing they do to me is help me sleep I also have severe anxiety and depression and during day I have anxiety attack’s and my depressed mood is never far Away also gained lots of weight! I’m scared to come off them for fear of no sleep! But I need help for my depression and anxiety all the mirtz does is make me sleep any ideas or similar history much appreciated thank you ??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi juls you should taper off it if it ain't doing no good and try another med...when I went cold turkey for a week he gave me sleeping pills which worked really good. Take care sweetheart x

• Posted

Hi juls..im on 15mg. My doctor told me to alternate for 10 days to try and get off them. Anyway I started doing this Friday so I'm half way through and the withdrawal is nasty. Shaking terrible and God knows what it's doing to my nervous system.. Feel so anxious I dread waking up in the morning. I took 50mg of amitryptyline for 12 years and was given mirtazapine instead. I'm determined to get off this drug but I'm sure going through the mill trying to get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.