mirtz tapering

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello i hope u are all holding in there! i have tapered my self off mirtz down for 30mg to 15mg in a week! i am at the doctors later and really dont want anything else but if i have to ..what would you recommend? advice needed please

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Why are you stopping mietazapine? Did you have side effects? I did and currently on day 4 off it conpletely after 2 weeks on 3.75mg. I'm suffering badly but determined to stay off it. I got some pills from boots quiet life and they help with anxiety and sleep. Also I found a site "on the road again" and goung to order a few things of them. You can email them your story. They'll get back to you quickly. I do think you taper to quick. So did I, hence the pain now. On their site they say how to do it and then go natural for a bit. Sorry I can't suggest any other drugs, my gp refused to gove me something else as he thought I was doing well on mirt. I think patient knows best though. Good luck! 

• Posted

hi 1980 thanks for your reply...im coming off mirtz because of the side effects i was getting! i just want the drug out of my sytem! maybe i should go slower but got this far seems ill be taking a step back!  how can te gp refuse you thats not right ..
    • Posted

You're right. I was told yesterday to go back on it and I'll do everything not to.  All of them have side effects, depends what kind. Mirt causes weight gain and sleepiness mainly so if it's that in your case there are be other medicines to replace it with. Good luck!
    • Posted

hi yes i gained alot of weight .imy motivation was nil and bad headaches! id rather take nothing but i think alot of people would! im worried what they will give me ..i slept well on mirtz thats the only reason i asked for them..wish i hadnt..its so hard ..what do doctors no
    • Posted

If it's just for sleep I'm sure there is something less evil than mirt. And maybe something temporarily to ease off the withdrawal (if it happens - not everybody gets it). Over the counter antihistamines for sleep could help but I guess you tried those before. 
    • Posted

thanks 1980 ive never heard of antihistamines ..are they for hayfever? yes ill ask for something to just help me through the tapering of coming off this mirtz ..yes evil drug i have written down all the side effects i have had on mirtz to take in with me
    • Posted

Yes Julie, they often are for heyfever and often quite drawsy. Boots sells sleeping pills with that active ingridient and apparently the boots brand are better. I've not tried but my friend works at boots and customers say. 
    • Posted

hi have just come back from doctors they have given me sertraline and said i can come off the 15mg mirtz...worried

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.