Mirtzaapine what to do

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been in so much mental and physical anguish these past two weeks I can't begin to imagine how I've made it so far. Today was the first time that I have experienced the 3D feeling, which I believe to be deralization .

I'm also on less than 2mg of remeron which I also believe is causing the disaster I've been experiencing these past 2 weeks.my doctor asked me to start getting off it by skipping doses, the first one I skipped began the outa control spiral. I can't sleep or feel relief from anxiety headaches,nausea body jerks when I'm about to doze off as well as racing thoughts loud & busy.

I think I'm dealing with both WD with the remeron being much more dominate and benzo to a lighter degree. I should have never added another drug to the list now I'm in limbo not knowing when or even if I will stablize on the remeron.So Either I stay on it continuing tring to stabalize then taper or just or get off it. I've only been on mirtz since jan 6 @ 3.75 for one month and 2 mg for 2 months.

What to do,

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you are going through this. Try and stay calm if you can

Do not skip doses - this confuses the nervous system.

If I was you I would stay on that dose until your stabilise your system.

may take a while but you should.

You may be able to get liquid form mirtazapine. This would be easier to taper off.

Sounds like remeron is causing busy thoughts - I get them.

Hope you start to feel better soon. 

• Posted

Surviving Antidepressants is a good forum for you.

You will get lots of support there. 

You haven't been on it that long, so shouldn't be much of a problem once you have stabilized. 

• Posted

Thks Sara: I'm am on the same dose of 1.87 mg 1/8 of 15mg pill. I weigh the 1/8 th on a jewelers scale to get the closet possible. I have tried liquid but it revves me up and causes a burning sensation top part of feet. I'm on such a little dose but this unfortunatly has quite a grip in my already compromised system. How long can it take to stablize? I've been at it for ten days now. I had a terrible time on Tuesday no sleep anxiety sky high wed.then that evening it subsided and had a pretty decent day Thursday the Friday the anxiety starts again. When I started at a higher dose of 3.75 I had to stop taking it ct for 2 weeks cause every time I'd dose it would revv me up. This was with the liquid suspension. I went back on it after couple of weeks cause of the WD effects of either the benzos or the mirtz or both. I know ct is horrible but if I can't stablize in the next 5/6 days what would u do? Thxs
    • Posted

I think you're in a pickle here what with benzo's too.

Seriously - get on Surviving Antidepressant's forum.

They have a lot of experience and will be able to see what's going on and advise you what to do. Epson salt baths are good for calming you down.

• Posted

Thks Sara : pls ck out my post @ surviving ad. 

"Trying to stablize on Mirtzaipine" "Miami1"

they emphasize to get stable on my current dose then do a slow taper. I would do that in a perfect world and am trying to do it but its taking a while and I get this "can't stop thinking about it brought on by anxiety" where I feel I'm going bananas. I've been off lunesta which was the drug that messed me up then was put on xanax .25nightly replace the lunesta for 3 months. Then in nov2013 was switched to valium for a fast taper and I've been off benzos since dec16,2013.

• Posted

I'll take a look. Stabilising may take some time. You will get there though.

• Posted

Thank you Sara ! I hope I start stablizing quick cause I'm pretty fried on WD's

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.