Mirtzapine - Success anyone?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is there anyone that has success on Mirtzapine?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I have been on Mirt 30 for over a year now and have completely recovered x
    • Posted

Oh I am so glad to hear their are some success stories.  I was just about to give up ...It has been very difficult.
    • Posted

Hey my energy levels r fine x I am a practice nurse in a busy medical centre and cope fine and if I'm being honest I never feel tired x and go to gym when a finish x
  • Posted

Im only on day 5 but they have been amazing for me!!! Not a single aide effect and i sleep great now and anxiety almost none and chilled my head out and im more active so far! 
  • Posted

mirt was brilliant for about 2 months-really brilliant, but anx has been creeping back over the past few weeks.I don't know if mirt is really the right one for me any more.I'm 'ok' but not great and have lost my spark-my get up and go if you like.I see doc next week and start CBT aswell so we'll se what they bring.I am on 30 and went up to 45 but that just made me feel rotten so back down to 30 last week.(I have had no problems with mirt at all thank god-SSRI's aint for me either they send my anx bananas).Anyway if you take it-good luck + give it a chance.
    • Posted

thank you for the response.  i am on 30, i think i am the only one that has problems with sleep.  i am on a sleeping pill too, and i still had a bad sleep last night.  i am going to do a test that may help in determining dosages and what med i tolerate. 
    • Posted

I think this is what's happened with me. My anxity is higher from the side effect of these mirtazapine. And they are not doing anything. Lost my motivation and no get up and go just groggy. Upping down agree and lowering sends me all off too. Stuck on 15. But trying to ween with 2mg over a month reducing at a time. Might try these sertraline as one last option. But i don't thjnk meds are for me i judt need to try women up i think and be stronger
  • Posted

yes absolutely ! I was quite suicidal when I was put on Mirtazapine. It was an addition to several other AD's and it changed my life from one day to the next. Sadly it also comes with weight gain if you don't take Metformin at the same time to level out your bloodsugar and metabolic system.

Because of the weight gain issue, or rather because I can't lose weight while being on Mirtazapine my psychiatrist has now put me on a new drug that works apparently just as well as Mirtazapine, but doesnt have the weight gain effect. It's called vortioxetine (Trintellix is one of the brand names)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.