mirtzapine success stories

Posted , 3 users are following.

i wouldlike to,know if there are some mirtzapine success stories?  i am currently taking 30 and have had anxiety going on .. but the anxiety has finally subsided.  should i stay on it and give it a chance?

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I can report that mirtazapine has been a success for me, treating my anxiety and depression, with few side effects. Also I didn't have any cravings or put on weight, as several people have reported. It is proving a devil to get off, however, but I don't regret taking it for the last 6 years. The psychiatrist has recommended that I stay on it.
    • Posted

thank you pixie.  i have been struggling going on but today is the first day withou anxiety do maybe there is hope.  i have had great difficultly trying other meds and i really don't want to start again.  felt very very sad when trying to reduce
  • Posted

Hi Suzie

I think I'm quite happy with Mirt on the whole.  I started on 15 mg last September and stayed on it.  It removed my anxiety almost immediately and helped 100% with my insomnia.

Yes I've had problems putting on weight with it, and yes I've had fatigue but it's manageable.  I have never enjoyed such a fantastic nights sleep. Think I must have been born a bad sleeper !

Glad to hear your anxiety has subsided - such a nightmare isn't it, literally !!!

Best wishes to you. 

• Posted

The 15 was great for me for sleep, it was when they increased it that I got the anxiety, which hopefully has now subsided.  (I am at 30)  Keep my fingers crossed.  It is an awful feeling as you may know.
    • Posted

Hi Suzie

Yes sadly I know only too well, the memory haunts me!  From what I'm reading on this forum, it's the hike up to 30mg from 15mg that seems to bring anx' on for most folks ... if only we knew this we'd go more gently!    It's not in the instructions, think increases should be same as decreases, i.e. slowly 10% every few weeks!

My best wishes to you & everyone who is suffering.

• Posted

don't know how much more i can take of this.. my anxiety has gone down, but i can't sleep.  how do you go down 10%?  i did try 22.5 for a couple of days but had incredible sadness. you know you go on thtese drugs with the psych'a approval .. and it was diffiult for me to say the least .. and now i am supposed to go down.  my mind is all mixedup .. best wishes to all of you.
    • Posted

Just remember - 24 hours can make a big difference Suzie.  See if you can get hold of liquid form from your doctor, not sure where it is available but people on here have said it is.

Some people chip away at the tablets, not sure how accurate this can be, might be fluctuations, might make things uneasy for a while, just don't rush it.

Thinking of you.

• Posted

i am like a zombie today.  i really don't know how much more i can take.  imam so so fatigued.  thank you for your kind words
    • Posted

Suzie, going up and down will have quite a reaction on your system - wait for the medication to settle again.  Fatigue is one of the worst side effects of Mirt' but it does get better I promise - it doesn't go away entirely but it's manageable.  Some days are better than other but usually taking a rest is what you need afterall.  Anxiety is a SYMPTOM of depression, depression is an illness that takes a lot out of you - rest is good - sleep is a great cure - let's all have a good nights sleep tonight hey !!!   It's my birthday yay !!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

Happy Birthday Calmer 46,

Well, I am having 2 problems now.  I am unable to sleep without a sleeping pill (which was prescribed by the doc).  Now I can't even sleep through with a pill.  I have left a message for him and see my GP today, but I really am at my witt's end.  I feel like I have to go to a rehab\clinic.  I am supposed to be reducing my Mirtzapine to 22.5 which I did last night.  (sort of)  God help us!

• Posted

Thanks Suzie,

Z sleeping tablets knocked me out for a couple of hours, 3 at the max' but the anx' I felt just woke me after that so I understand and empathise with you - don't rush to climb down from 30mg, take it slowly ... every 2 to 3 weeks take a little less.

Best wishes, try and rest, try some relaxation tecniques maybe, they're a great help for me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.