Misaligned upperspine/neck with chronic 2 year heacahes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, about 2 years ago i had a injury in teh gym whilst doing shoulder press, i developed pain in my upper back on one side and i could barely roll out of bed/ move. i just thought it was a pulled muscle so went to gp and go some naproxen . about a month or 2 later i was assaulted and punched twice in the side of the head, had concussion but was not unconscious. then a month or so after that i started to develop severe headaches that felt like migraines/ i was having a stroke.i was told i had tension headaches, then migraines etc. 2 years down the line ive seen a neurologist who has almost certainly misdiagnosed me for having chronic migraines.

id like to mention during the last 2 years i have suffered from chronic neck stiffness and burning/stabbing/aching in my left temple that worsen when i twist my head side to side.

a month or two ago i realised my upper neck is completely out of wack and all the bumps on top of each vertebrae are out of line. i went to see a chiropractor who didint seem too concerned but defently said i have a curvature of the spine. from my symptoms i believe i have cervicogenic headaches

i now think that the injurys have caused some sort of cervical issues and are causing my all these headaches and pain. its been a complete nightmare and doctors have been rubbish.

i would really like an xray or mri to see really whats going on, from what i have said is it likely to be a nerve issues originating from my neck? i can post a picture of my upper spine as its clear the bones are not in line if that helps.

im so stuck with this it causes me so much pain any advice would be much appreciated

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Look up occipital neuralgia, it sounds like you may have it. I think you should get an X-ray done when it is next possible in case there is a problem. Also when all the social distancing is over make an appointment with a physiotherapist, who may be able to give you some exercises to help with the pain and maybe do some massage techniques to help. I would recommend seeing someone who has years of experience though and works from a clinic setting.

• Posted

yes ive had a look at that, i have a feeling i might have a combination of the two. my chiropractor and dr didn't seem to worried when he looked at my spine, i also dont really get any other symptoms other than permanently stiff neck and headache. headache comes and goes though.

no loss of feeling in legs or arms etc.

but your right i definitely need and xray, my chiro had given my some exercises that have definitely helped with the headaches, to be honest they've disappeared the last couple week because of them i think.

im more concerned for my long term health and i dont want it to progress into a stage where it cannot be fixed.

thanks

• Posted

Maybe try to get an MRI of your brain and spine just to be safe as well.

• Posted

MRI AND and Xray , here in teh uk? you must be joking! took me nearly a year just to get an appointment with a cardiologist, i ended up going privately and was diagnosed with svt.

thats the real problem is getting the test done that i need, the drs in uk are VERY reluctant to give you any sort of tests unless your old or sound like your very ill.

nightmare tbh

• Posted

they just said take some of thesehigh dose amitriptyline tablets and come back in 6 months, then give you some new ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.