Miscarriage after abdominal myomectomy,still have fibroids and distort cavity

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I had Abdominal myomectomy for fibroids in nov 2017. 10 months post myo hardly I conceived (after taking treatment me and my husband). I was very happy to knowthat i am preg. Dr got heartbeat in 6w 4 d scan .when i went for scan in 11 week (as i had doubt smthig wrong) Dr told me that baby stop growing in 7 week there is no heart beat ..,shetold we should wait for miscarry naturally. After 4 days i miscarried it. I am hopless,feeling down and scared. Dr did scan and told my uterus is very destorted due to fibroid surgery,also there is many fibroids .I am in worry and so sad tk know this. It was my first baby . I am 32 and 6 months old .I always thought why god is doing this to me.

is there anyone who has same situation

or have successfull pregnancy.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Please don't give up hope and don't lose heart. I've heard of people having the same issues and still being able to have children. A family member of mine had big fibroids and polycystic ovaries the doctors said she will have problems carry-on a baby.... but she just gave birth... she's 42.

I pray you will get your miracle also

Many hugs and best wishes for 2019 x

• Posted

Thanks missy for replying .Thank you so much for your best wishes,its really needed .I hope God also will be merciful with me ,i really want baby .

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Please don't give up hope and don't lose heart. I've heard of people having the same issues and still being able to have children. A family member of mine had big fibroids and polycystic ovaries the doctors said she will have problems carry-on a baby.... but she just gave birth... she's 42.

• Posted

Hi there,

• Edited

Hi Mahi01,

Do not be discouraged. THe fibroids were not obviously taken care of by your surgeon if the gyn could still see a lot. SEcond, I had large fibroids but still got pregnant without any trials or effort. I carried to beyond full term. So, it could be that you have other issues going on. However, I can feel your pain when you were supposed to have gotten rid of the fibroids. My recommendation to you is to find a different surgeon. One with a record of successes. Go to ratemds and yelp and google and search for excellent fibroid surgeons. Don't give up. GOd has not failed you. Your journey is not yet complete. Keep searching and you will find your healing. Best!

• Posted

Thanks may49858 for encouraging me . I will keep trying to get the situation in my favor .,but i have so many issues like financial and also not in my country ,so it is difficult for me to search and approach to Good dr. also I thought u have no much time as i am already 32. Hopefully get good Dr so that situation can be clear for me .

• Posted

Hi Mahi01, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It is heartbreaking and I know how hopeless you feel. In 2014 after a laparoscopy and myomectomy for a huge fibroid, I found myself pregnant 7 months later at 34. A very happy surprise as I did not think it was possible. I had overexcitedly announced to family and miscarried the next day at 14 weeks. It was a horrendous experience made worse by the medical professionals who told me I just had another large fibroid leaving me doubled over on a kitchen floor in the hospital with people eating their breakfast around me. I miscarried there . I do not want to relive that. I had to go back into work the next day like nothing happened (new job). I understand how helpless you feel and how many questions you must have. Did you get support from the medical profession?

I am writing because after all that, beyond a miracle (I was due to have another op due to fibroids returning) I found myself pregnant at 37 and my little one has just turned one. If you want someone to chat to I have been there and know exactly how you feel. Lots of hugs going to you, it is so traumatic and there is very little support out there x x

• Posted

hi Bek thanks for replying. I also Did same to announce pregnancy news .I was super excited coz barely i got preg. As after seeing my husband's report which is 5%motility Dr suggest IUI or IVF only ,she told it is difficult to conceive naturally with this .also i have not correct ratio of FSH and LH harmon ,so she told that is why u have fibtoids and it will be again in future .I was very sad to hear all this ,but She gave some medicine to my husband and put me on glucophage and same month i conceived ,so i was very excited but this miscarriage broke me completely . As i am thinking all the tym that what happen if my uterus cannot carry baby.

That Dr was super busy now so she told We will discuss on that after few weeks till then you rest coz you recently miscarry. So just waiting and thinking that if Dr will not say anything positive than what would I Do .

I am really depressed with all this .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.