Miscarriage two months ago - UTI - Constant Awareness of Bladder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I am new to this site and hope someone can point me in the right direction. Two months ago exactly I was in the Emergency room for a bladder infection which lead to a miscarriage two days later. Since then i have had recurring UTI's and been on 6 rounds of medication. I had to stop two of them because of side effects but one did work - Cipro. Last Monday I went in again cause I thought it felt like i had one and there was a trace of white blood cells so I was prescribed antibiotics again. Did not work. I went to a doctor I trust and he said the urine sample is negative for bacteria and ordered ultrasounds and blood work. In the meantime I would like to try to find some advice to ease my mind. I have no pain at all, on average I use the washroom 5-7 times a day but the only thing that is present in the sensation that i need to pee. 

What could it be? 

Any help is apprecaited!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It could be an overactive bladder. It is a quick fix with a pill. I would suggest you make an appointment with a urologist. If there is one in your location, a urogynocologist would be even better. In my experience, general practitioner are just not qualified to deal with complicated urinary issues. I also thought I was having uti's with no bacteria showing up in my urine. He just kept prescribing antibiotics. Made appointment with urogynocologist and he immediately diagnosed me with over active bladder an prescribed Myrbetriq. Symptoms went away with first dose. My over active bladder was brought on by having colonoscopy.

• Posted

Hi Mary 

Thank you very much smile My doctor also thinks it may be overactive bladder. I only go on average 6-7 times a day but apparently that is a lot! Lol 

How did they diagnose you? Was it a test or just more of a discussion. I am taking the exact same meds but it’s not the urge but more of the constant sensation. 

Thanks again xo

• Posted

Just discussion with doctor. I don't know of any test that would confirm. He simply prescribed medication and told me to come back in a month. I felt better after the first dose. I was having urgency but it would only be a few drops. My bladder always felt full. The medication relieves both symptoms.

• Posted

Thanks Mary. I have the same Meds as you. I’m not sure if they are working. I always have/had the urge but peed a normal amount. I am hoping to get into the urologist soon smile it’s weird cause when I don’t have caffeine I do feel a lot better 
  • Posted

I had the same issue.. I always thought it was a uti after suffering several of them.i finally went to a doctor in the city that o really liked and she explained to me being on antibiotics so much has inflamed my bladder..She Gabe me something called a blue pill and helps with inflammation.  I was a new person...But of course months later because I wasn't taking care of myself I'm here omce again with a uti whixj this is so painful.

Good luck Ashley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.