Misdiagnois with Urethral Stricture

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was misdiagnois with urethral stricture. I had a procedure that was also the wrong procedure that left me totally incontinent.  Urethral Stricture is a condition that I would like to talk to more women or find women who have been misdiagnois or diagnois.  In order for us a women to move on in our lives living with bladder disorders....communication is viatal.  Unfortunetly for me it was imperative for me to research deeply into this condition due to the total loss of incontinency.  I later found out that there was no test that proved I ever had Urethral Stricture nor was I ever told that the procedure which was totally wrong would leave me incontinent.  Please ladies, if you have urethral stricture by all means talk to your doctors to help you live you life to the fullest.  I now have a team of doctors who truly know about urethral stricture and who are EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH WOMEN WITH THIS DISORDER.  The issue with urethral stricture is the testing......and the fact that because it is RARE IN WOMEN...OUR DOCTORS HAVE TO BE FIRST HONEST IN DIAGNOISING.  There's more but I will leave it to this for now, I am presently working on a voice so women like us can comment more.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dolores,  I am a woman with a urethral stricture.  I know the diagnosis is correct, as I have had several dilations, and the urologists have been able to see the stricture.  At the moment I am between dilations and using self catheterisation to attempt to keep things flowing - not an easy option, I find.
    • Posted

I feel your pain I too have female urethral stricture disease. Did you have constant nagging annoying weirdness pain and tingeling in the urethra? I do and have this constantly every single day! I've been suffering for 2 to 3 years with constant pain. I had a tremendous amount of uti's as a kid & teen. However I haven't had one in many many years now as I am 27 almost 28 years old. I also notice before a period or after having a bowel movement that my urethra hurts alot worse. I haven't had any treatments since the cystoscopy with hydrodistention. I'm at a loss of what to do. Hope to hear your reply!
  • Posted

I was told I have a urethral stricture and I'm a female. Been in constant annoying pain for 2 to 3 years now straight. Have had a cystoscopy with hydrodistention. I was told my urethra was narrow a size 4. Most normal adults urethras are a size 31 or 32 or so.... my urologist wanted to cut the stricture but I was too afraid to mess with it any further. My urologist recently suffered a stroke so I have not pursued any further actions as of yet. I am 27 year old female in the U.S.
    • Posted

I have had the surgery where my ureathra was cut. I can't say I would recommend it. Very painful to urinate afterwards. Yicks, I had another couple bouts of dialation of the ureathra and it worked for me. I am 65 now . I started with all the trouble in my 30s. I did stop drinking & smoking also and all drugs . now my sister has this same problem. She has a stainless dialator and since her last surgery ( 6 mos ago). Has had more problem's. Can't empty her bladder it will work only partially with a cath. Then it spasms. She is 55. Still drinks & diets with stevia. She is afraid to tell the Dr. Any ideas. I want to help her. Checking out a urine sample for possible UTI.
    • Posted

Any update on your sister? I, myself still suffer from this urethra tingling sensation and urgency/frequency issues of female urethral stricture. I plan to seek help after I have my baby this November. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I think from having bad uti's as a kid/teen and passing kidney stones and having my first catheter during an epidural labor.I think that is what really kick started this nagging urethral problem I have. I hope I don't have to live with this for the rest of my life. I'm 28 turning 39 this fall and I've suffered for about 4 years now with this...enough is enough...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.