Misdiagnosed

Posted , 4 users are following.

It’s a long story which I will shorten. I have been in pain from my knee, fingers, wrist, neck, shoulder, hips, feet. Basically most places for years now. I also have problems with my teeth/mouth, and a whole lot of other symptoms. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 5 years ago but I feel I am getting worse. I got bloods a month ago and to go back tomorrow to get them done again as they weren’t right. My worry is I have started to get a rash from time to time on my face and legs, especially when I am warm. The rash on my face seems nippy, as if someone has slapped more sore. I also get very cold finger tips. I am also extremely tired and fed up with the usual

“ it’s your fibromyalgia and you are going through the menopause “  

speech. Someone said to me that I may have lupus. Can anyone help me explain to my doctor my other symptoms without them taking any notice?

aabb

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Askbthem to perform blood tests which look at ana esr and crp. It is often difficult to get a diagnosis of Lupus and similar disorders because the bloid tests are often so unreliable. You should really ask fir a referral on to rheumatology.
    • Posted

I got bloods a month ago and had to go back today for them again. My white cells are slightly low and my thyroid is slightly low. 

Aabb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.