Misdiagnosed several times. What do I have? I'm desperate

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dear all,

I have been dealing with a skin problem since January. First redness, then some red spots, irritation, inflammation, etc. First diagnosed with rosacea, prescribed topical antibiotics, made it worse. Second dermatologist also said it was rosacea, but prescribed doxycycline. Worked for a bit, but then the redness and inflammation came back, along with the spots. Third dermatologist did patch testing and turned out I am allergic to nickel, epoxy resin, sodium methabisulphite, palladium chloride and mercurium. Ditched eyeglasses, sunglasses and anything containing that, was prescribed with a topical steroid and elidel cream, but after some days, the condition went worse. Still the same. Irritated, flaky, inflamed. I have been to another dermatologist and this one has diagnosed with peri facial dermatitis, prescribed more oral antibiotics and  keep on prescribing paraffin based creams, although I have read that's a trigger for peri facial dermatitis and also because my skin doesn't agree with it, it makes it more angry and dry.

At this point I don't know what to do. I have spent loads of money, time and effort, with no results, it seems to be worse. My boyfriend thinks I have a depression, and it's really affecting my personal and professional life. Can't concentrate, all I think is about this problem. Please help me. I hate myself. I just wanna be normal again.

Thank you.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you a history of using topical steroids? If so, I would stop using all forms immediately and check out topical steroid withdrawal. Sorry to hear this.
  • Posted

Manuka Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar

I am 49 years old and have had perfect skin all of my life. Last week, I developed a pretty bad case of perioral dermatitis.  I had scaly bumps and a ring all around my nose and mouth and it was spreading upward.  Scary.  I went to a vegan grocery store and purchased Medical Grade Manuka Honey Throat and Chest Syrup by the company Manuka Guard.  The cough syrup contains a blend of Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey, and other ingredients.  Within minutes, I could feel all the scabby, flakes coming off my skin.  It was amazing!  I have treated my face for 3 nights with this, and the dermatitis is almost completely gone.  It dries enough that I sleep in it.  Yesterday, I purchased a jar of pure Manuka Honey. I am doing 2 hour treatments in the evening. You may need to order the Manuka Guard Throat and Chest Syrup.  it was about $17.00 at my local vegan store, but it is well worth the price.  Amazing.  I hope this helps you, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.