Misdiagnosed with Hemochromatosis it seems :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis h63d mutation both genes .

Been treated with blood draws but ironically thanks to covid we became suspicious that something wasn't adding up.

Didn't have a blood draw for a year due to the pandemic and my iron levels barely changed.

When things started up again had a few blood draws but felt something was off.

Stopped doing the blood draws since march and the latest blood test shows me as having lost quite abit of iron rather then gained it.

Finally got access to my label results for the last fives years and it shows my fetrin levels as being 100% normal regardless of blood draws or not.

I have failed one test every single time for the last five years which is my Hemoglobin which is high in ever single blood test over the last five years.

Rather off for someone who never smoked and isn't living at high elevation.

Channelling a little p****d at this point. 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.