Misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am so thankful I have found this forum, reading the posts makes me realise that a) I'm not mad and b) I'm not dying!  In July I had a fainting experience, sent to the cardiologist who after tests says your heart is grand but here are some beta blockers for the palpations and fainting thing.  6 weeks later I am getting very sick, I am in constant state of this falling feeling, vomiting etc.  I ended up in a&e 3 times and am told to go to ENT.   Head to ENT who tells me I have Meniere's disease, a lifelong, terminal disease!  I get sicker and sicker and finally take myself off beta blockers and I begin to improve - in two weeks I had lost a stone and my body was shutting down.  Now I am off them I can focus on what is really happening to my body and after reading your posts I believe it is the menopause.  I am constantly uncontrollably crying, I haven't driven in weeks because I am afraid!!!!!! What???   I definitely have anxiety issues and I am thinking of the worst possible outcome of things.  My neck is so sore with an aching feeling and this morning I felt so bad I couldn't even sleep it off.  I know I am rambling but could this be menopause and these male doctors just don't think about it?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Catherine oh my goodness I feel for you!! Yes it is deff menopause! So many women get misdiagnosed! I also have itchy scalp, feeling of doom and gloom, anxiety over nothing, light headed at times, dizziness, pain in back under left shoulder blade( I saw on here a lot of women has it) dry mouth metal taste, irritable, sluggish.... Ag there's a few more but after joining the forum I know now that I'm not indeed going crazy!!!!

• Posted

Left shoulder blade!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Ugh.

• Posted

Hi Catherine

I would guess that you are probably going through this transition and its happeining aggressivly.

You will see tht you are not alone. Palpitaitons are so common, and all of the aches you describe and anxiety are all too common. How old are you ?

No you are not mad

you are just transitioning ...be kind to yourself and feel the support here on the forum becasue everybody here is suffering in some sort. You will learn to accept and not resist, just take the best care of yourself and dont succumb to anything that does not feel right with medicine. Take what you need to , but for example the beta blockers...not needed. If you need them take them but follow your heart and your intuition. You will be oK.

Wishing you well, and hang tight

OXOX

• Posted

I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have found this forum but also how angry it makes me that the menopause seems to be just a blip in the medic's eyes.  If I had not taken myself off the beta blockers I don't care to think where I would be today, my body was literally shutting down.  I also find it amusing that although the medical profession seems uninterested in the menopause how they poo-poo the fact that the only help, understanding and actually relief is coming from acupuncture.   I'm wondering about this patriarchal society that we are living in and how the menopausal woman is rather low down on the social ranking whereas in times gone by she was at the top being seen as the wise old woman.

• Posted

Hi Catherine

Yes its not something anyone likes to talk about or deal with. Its a shame. Yes in other cultures women are highly regarded, and respected.

Its been ravishing on my moods and overall wellbeing. I function and do all the things i need to, but its so hugely exhausting.

Im really glad you got off the beta blockers. They have their place for sure, but to counteract the natural fluctuations of our homrones with something that slows down the conduction of the heart is really reckless. Good for your..trust yourself. Im around!

xoxox

xoxoxo

• Posted

Very much so, menopause is 100% REAL and so are the horrible list of symptoms that come with it! 
  • Posted

For me hot flashes mean a horrible sensation of sickness waving through my body and into my head - does that make sense?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.